Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept mobile deposits?
At present Brunswick Bank & Trust does not offer Mobile Deposit as a service.
2. Do you have any accounts without a monthly service fee and no minimum balance requirement if you are not a senior citizen or a student?
Brunswick Bank & Trust does not offer this product we do offers a New Jersey Consumer Checking Account. This is a basic non-interest bearing checking account with a low monthly service charge of $3.00. Feel free to contact one of our convenient branches for additional information.
3. Does the bank have a parking lot for customers?
Brunswick Bank & Trust has seven (7) convenient locations offering parking facilities for the customer. Our George St Branch is conveniently located in the Downtown area and is accessible by bus, train and walking.
4. Can I open an account on line?
At present Brunswick Bank & Trust does not offer account openings on line.
5. What do I need to open an account?
To open an account at Brunswick Bank & Trust you will need a valid social security number; two forms of identification and verification of your address. Feel free to contact one of our convenient branches for additional information or to verify the types of identification needed.
6. Can I get an ATM card immediately?
For our new account holders the Card/PIN along with the checks are mailed to the branch of record where the account was opened and the Customer Service Representative calls the customer to advise that the items are here and they are welcome to come in and pick it up, at their convenience.
7. Can I have an increase on my card/limit?
Brunswick Bank & Trust requires that you contact your branch manager to get an increase in the limit; if you qualify your limit will be increased. Please contact one of our convenient branches for additional information.
8. Why is my ATM balance different form my branch balance?
The ATM balances are updated after normal processing.
9. I forgot my ATM/Debit card pin number, how can I get a new one?
You can contact the nearest branch location to you and ask to speak with a Customer Service Representative who will assist you in resetting or changing your PIN.
10. Why can’t I sign on to online banking? Why is the security question different from the one I chose? Is there a problem I cannot recognize the question?
These are valid questions and often for your security. The system itself requires you to clear your browser history of cache memory to ensure an optimal secure access ; often a simple keystroke records incorrectly. We would ask you to contact your branch to have them review your access to the system.
11. Why can’t we transfer from our account to another financial institution account?
The current system we use for our bill payment does not allow transfer to other banks. It does allow you to pay your credit card and other bills from your account.
12. When is my deposit going to be available?
If your deposited checks are under $5,000.00 generally they will be available the next day. If your deposited checks are over $5,000.00 they generally they will be available within two days.
13. If the 1st of the month lands on a Sunday –when do I get my Social Security Check?
The Social Security items are processed by Automatic Clearing House (ACH) – upon receipt of the file from the government we process the item. If it falls on a Sunday you would see the credit after Friday night processing as a memo post; on Monday morning when the file is verified it will be available.
14. If I make a deposit on Saturday –when do I get credit for it?
Saturday is not an actual business day. It is a courtesy day with all the items being processed Monday. You should see the credit to your account after end-of-day processing Monday. The funds will be available in accordance with your deposit agreement.